Saturday 18 January 2014

The Perfect Watch for the Indecisive



If you are anything like me, you are probably addicted to coffee, beautiful things and suffer from a severe case of indecisiveness. This indecisiveness is not because of a lack of passion - or interest - but rather it is caused by so much passion towards all of the variables that it becomes hard to determine which things that I love the most. It’s a tough gig, first world problems. Now most people with this predicament would just ‘man-up’ and make a decision – it doesn’t matter which pair of socks you choose, Grace, they’re all white and clean – but no, not me. For the most part I get past this dilemma by a very well organized and regimented lifestyle. I try to organize by colour, style, weather or size, and I write my to-do lists every day and stick to them like cotton wool balls to freshly painted fingernails.

Now, I don’t wear a lot of jewellery, but when I do you can bet I spent a lot of time thinking about it – especially when it comes to watches. In fact, I have been scanning the watch market for years, sometimes I even came very close to purchasing one. Close – but not that close. This watch is great, I would think to myself, If only the hands were different. Or I really love the face of this watch, if only the band could be slightly thinner. All my hopes of finding the perfect watch were slowly diminishing – perhaps there would never be a watch out there that could cater to all of my needs? And then I found one.

I was innocently procrastinating from my Design Studio assignments by scrolling through hundreds of very meaningful and highly influential (and totally design related) posts on Instagram, and then I saw it. Staring at me, from the arm of a girl I was following in Europe, was the Jolli watch. Clean and strong faced, I was captured by the simplicity of the design. That face is amazing, I thought to myself, as the entirely white watch stared back at me, continuing on it’s simple routine of counting the minutes in the day. I wondered if this could be it, the watch I had been looking for since the day I exited the womb. But surely not? Surely there must be something wrong with it – that face was too beautiful to have a perfect band as well. Upon further investigation I found that not only was the band beautiful and simple, but that the watch was entirely de-constructible, allowing for the owner to change the colours of all the parts of the watch on a mere whim. In fact, it’s as if the watch was designed specifically for the non-committal, indecisive type. It’s as if the makers could see into my soul.

The Jolli Time watches are available to be bought singularly or in kits, allowing for maximum versatility. Available in 15 different colours – and now patterns too – the watches are also waterproof. What’s great about these watches is that the parts are so easy to change, catering for that last minute fashion decision as you are stepping out the door… to go to the supermarket… in your pajamas (but by Jove, that watch will match if it kills me!). The watches are also reasonably priced, and coming from Stockholm itself you get a little bit of Europe and a lot of style right to your door step.






To find out more of see the watches for yourself, visit http://jollitime.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment