Monday 27 January 2014

Why I Am Choosing a Soy Flatwhite to Determine Good Coffee

Good coffee can be hard to come by if you don't know the right places to go. My life as a coffee enthusiast began at 14 years old, and this long and loving relationship has provoked me to share the best coffee places in Adelaide with other people.

When I first moved to Adelaide from Brisbane, I struggled to find great coffee: I didn't know where to go for it. Since then, many great cafes have popped up and others who have been in Adelaide longer have entered my radar. So as someone who has experienced the frustration of being in a new place but having no idea where to go, I wanted to create a blog to help others. This in turn would also mean I would need to try out all of those places that have been on my "to-go" list for too long. 

I drink soy by choice. But many cafe's do terrible soy. It might make more sense to test a cafe by their espresso shot or cow's milk latte, but quite frankly I don't enjoy either of those things so I've decided to do it in my own way. The benefit of testing coffee quality with soy is underrated. Soy milk tends to be harder to froth to a perfect consistency, and the brand and quality of soy is much more important than with cow's milk - you can truly see if the cafe understands the coffee they are making. 

In my opinion, the only brand of soy milk that enhances the taste of the coffee (or at the very least, does not negatively affect it) is Bonsoy. I have tried many different brands and I still find myself coming back to this one. As soon as I find out a cafe is not using Bonsoy, I tend to re-evaluate whether or not I want to go there.

This blog is an honest girl's mission to find and share the great coffee haunts of Adelaide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment